Central Europe Review's list of organisations based in or concerned with Central and Eastern Europe:
- American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages - good source for job listings throughout the region.
- The American Councils - devoted to improving education, professional training, and research in Central and Eastern Europe
- British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies - for advancement of East European Studies in the UK.
- British Helsinki Human Rights Group - this non-governmental, independent organization is dedicated to monitoring the progress of democracy and human rights in the OSCE member states
- The Central European Initiative (CEI) - a group which includes several former Communist states as well as Italy and Austria. Particularly informative in terms of economic initiatives and joint ventures.
- Emerging Europe Research Group - economics, current affairs and politics
- Open Society Institute Budapest - George Soros's international foundation for social, educational, and legal reform
- Public Relations Center - collects and distributes information about issues of freedom of conscience in the countries of the former Soviet Union
- Ukrainian Congress Committee of America - is the umbrella organization for Ukrainian Americans. For over 60 years it has worked to educate the US government, media and public at large about the Ukrainian community.
|S U G G E S T A L I N K|