Central Europe Review's extensive list of news sources for Central and Eastern Europe:
- Business Central Europe - presented by The Economist folks
- Central Europe Online - daily news on the region as a whole
- Emerging Europe Research Group - economics, current affairs and politics
- Emerging Markets Directory - links page for emerging markets around the world, including Eastern Europe
- GeoInvestor.com - contains excellent databases for all major CEE countries with links to the latest financial, economic, monetary and fiscal but also political news and data.
- Inside World - online and e-mail news about countries in Central and Eastern Europe. Contributors include Central Europe Review, Radio Free Europe and many more.
- Institute for War and Peace Reporting - an excellent source covering the region's "problem" areas, IWPR is well written and current
- Newsline - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty's daily news from Central and Eastern Europe
- Patrin Web - news and articles on minorities in the region, with excellent links on Romani history, culture and current events
- Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty - covers the entire region. Specific regional weekly e-mail lists are available.
- Transitions Online - monthly online magazine covering all of East Central Europe and the Former Soviet Union.
- Sam Vaknin's List - an announcement list through which subscribers receive daily articles and essays on Central, Eastern and South-eastern Europe from hundreds of carefully selected sources. A companion to Sam Vaknin's new book After the Rain - How the West Lost the East.
- Baltic News Service - contains contact information, archives of BNS daily reports in Estonian, and archives of other BNS Estonian-language reports, including its daily financial wire service. There are also parallel sites in Latvian and Lithuanian
- The Baltic Times - the independent English-language weekly covering the whole region
- Chas - Daily Latvian Newspaper - the site is updated daily with news in Russian about politics, economics, lifestyle, sports and business in Latvia and around the world. Available in Windows/1251 fonts.
- CIESIN Baltics Regional Node - information about the Baltic countries and links to other sites
- ELTA - Lithuanian News Agency that provides weekly news reports on events in Lithuania and the Baltics. Available in Lithuanian and English.
- Inside Baltics - comprehensive site on Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania
- Mel Huang's Baltic Internet Review
- Full List of Czech News Outlets
- Britské listy - an Internet daily, in Czech
- Czech News Agency - daily news in English and Czech
- Inside Czech - free e-mail postings of all major news agency reports on the Czech Republic.
- Prague Business Journal - financial and business news from the Czech Republic
- Prague Daily Report - links to daily agency reports and a strong list of other useful links.
- The Prague Post - English-language weekly
- The Prague Tribune - monthly business review in both Czech and English
- Neviditelný pes - popular daily e-zine, in Czech
- Radio Prague - daily news both in text and audio
- Seznam - a list of news providers in the Czech Republic; in Czech
- A list of recent English-language articles on the Czech Republic can be found HERE.
Germany and Austria:
- Austrian Press and Information Service - a site run out of Washington containing many useful links to all things Austrian: government, media, culture, tourism
- German News Magazine - general German news site, in English and German.
- RP-Online - news from Germany, on the Web or delivered directly to your e-mail address
- Budapest Business Journal- Business news from Hungary
- The Budapest Sun - Hungarian news in English
- Budapest Week Online - up-to-date information on the vibrant cultural scene in Hungary's capital
- Hungarian News Agency - latest news in both Hungarian and English.
- Hungary Online - a list of news providers in Hungary, in both Hungarian and English
- Inside Hungary - full-service site for Hungary, in English.
- Gazeta Wyborcza - Poland's largest nation-wide daily. In Polish only.
- Inside Poland - a list of news providers in Poland, in both in Polish and English
- PAP - Polska Agencja Prasowa - the Polish news agency
- Polish Information Agency - contact information in Polish, English, French, Italian, and Russian
- Polish Market Review - financial news in Poland
- Polish World - another list of news providers in Poland, in both in Polish and English
- Polityka - Polish-language weekly. Formerly the governemt mouthpeice, the magazine has certainly polished its image and content. Along with Wprost, Poland's most influential news magazine.
- Rzeczpospolita - Poland's other large nation-wide daily. In Polish, with headline stories in English.
- Warsaw Business Journal - business news in Poland
- The Warsaw Voice - English-language weekly
- Wprost - excellent Polish-language weekly.
- Mediafax - the leading Romanian press agency. The site is in Romanian and English.
- Monitorul - national leader in local information. In Romanian and English.
- Romania by Net - full-service website for Romania.
- Romanian News Page - with an excellent list of links for news and information on Romania
- Czech News Agency - daily updates on Slovakia
- Domino Forum - Slovak weekly
- Inside Slovakia - comprehensive site for Slovak news and culture
- Slovakia Daily Surveyor - daily news on the Slovak Republic, in English
- Slovak News and Media - comprehensive list and links of most Slovak print, electronic and broadcast media
- The Slovak Spectator - English-language weekly
- TASR - Slovak news agency, in English
- Zoznam - a list of news providers in Slovakia, in Slovak
|S U G G E S T A L I N K|